Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failing apps ... Flash and are gone

I Noticed a thread on this back in 2011-2012, but I can't see that this could be relevant. It is only recently that apps I have been using now no longer open but take over the screen, but fail to initiate and I am kicked back to the desktop. In iBooks, this happens with individual books. A silly app like Nature just won't open now ... Others as well. With one I simply deleted it and reloaded it and it opened and so I figured th app wasn't properly updated, but that it just keeps getting worse and it affects what seems a disconnected set of apps ... Not all, thankfully. I'm not how to proceed ... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Stan.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 9.3.1, 64 gig memory about 9 gig free

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 11:47 AM

If several apps are misbehaving then one option would be to consider an iCloud restore

The restore would download the apps using the latest iterations and should be consistent with the then current iOS

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

3 replies

May 6, 2016 10:56 AM in response to ManSinha

TThank you. So, should I understand this as a virus attack? What else would cause my iPad to frizzle and not iPads in general other than an attack. Or am I wrong in presupposing that? That is all I believe I gain in a restoration ... When I was in software, the rule in bell labs was, if there is a bug, it. Is not considered fixed until it is understood. I hate this situation with apple of being isolated from what ultimately is a pidgin UNIX and having no access to anything but a short-sighted SDK at best. Thirty years of computing and I sound like an idiot with an iPad. Go figure. In any case, thanks.

Failing apps ... Flash and are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.