Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to El Capitian, why can't I play movies I made in imovie in DVD player?

In original imovie I could play the imovies I made anywhere, now the imovies I made won't play in any DVD player. What did I do wrong when I made them?

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:20 AM

In order to play your DVD in a DVD player it must be made with a DVD authoring program like iDVD. You may have made a data DVD, without using an authoring program, and that will play on your computer but not on a DVD.

With the latest version of iMovie, you make an authored DVD by sharing your movie to a file, and then dragging (importing) that movie into an

authoring program like iDVD or other ones that you can get on the market. Then it will play in a DVD player.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 9:20 AM in response to surfnmimi

In order to play your DVD in a DVD player it must be made with a DVD authoring program like iDVD. You may have made a data DVD, without using an authoring program, and that will play on your computer but not on a DVD.

With the latest version of iMovie, you make an authored DVD by sharing your movie to a file, and then dragging (importing) that movie into an

authoring program like iDVD or other ones that you can get on the market. Then it will play in a DVD player.

Updated to El Capitian, why can't I play movies I made in imovie in DVD player?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.