Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to include check boxes for alternating row fill?

I've tried enabling alternating row fill before and after adding a column with check boxes, but it just doesn't work - the whole column will not "participate" in the alternating fill like every other column does. How do I make it work?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 3:33 AM

Hi VarHyid,

Worked for me.

I inserted a new "plain" table in an existing document, formatted one column of cells as Checkbox, then clicked the Table button in the Format Inspector, clicked the Alternating row colour checkbox, clicked the colour wheel, and used the RGB sliders to set a colour for the alternate (even numbered) rows.

User uploaded file

Note that I started with a 'plain' table, and did not apply any fill to any cells except via the Alternating Row colour. Any fill colour applied to the cells will override the colour set by Alternating row collour.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 3:33 AM in response to VarHyid

Hi VarHyid,

Worked for me.

I inserted a new "plain" table in an existing document, formatted one column of cells as Checkbox, then clicked the Table button in the Format Inspector, clicked the Alternating row colour checkbox, clicked the colour wheel, and used the RGB sliders to set a colour for the alternate (even numbered) rows.

User uploaded file

Note that I started with a 'plain' table, and did not apply any fill to any cells except via the Alternating Row colour. Any fill colour applied to the cells will override the colour set by Alternating row collour.

Regards,

Barry

May 6, 2016 3:37 AM in response to Barry

Barry,

That's interesting. I just tried it again with a new table... and it works there. Which means... there's something wrong with my existing table.

After further research, turns out that the whole checkbox column had a white fill for some reason, though I could swear I never set it up like this. Either way, setting the whole column to "no fill" (and just filling the header cell) worked so... I'm going to mark it as the correct answer since it pointed me to the solution 😉 Thanks!

How to include check boxes for alternating row fill?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.