Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charger not working

Hello everyone,

I have a Macbook Pro 2015 15' with the 85W charger which stopped working last night. When I went to bed I plugged it into the socket, the indicator on the charger went orange and everything seemed to be perfectly fine. However, when I woke up I noticed that the indicator is not working. When I started my macbook it had around 70% battery (on the previous night it had only around 10%). I estimated that it had worked for around an hour before it went dead.

I tried unplugging and plugging it again several times, I also tried using the longer cable but both attempts happened to be unsuccessful. Now, I am charging my macbook with a friend's charger (60W) so the problem is definitely in my charger. I've read that I need to restart my SMC but I think that this won't solve my problem as the laptop is working with another charger.

Any suggestions what I could do? Or maybe I need to buy another charger? Hope not...

Thanks,

Hristo

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:40 AM

3 replies

Charger not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.