Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Youtube = System freeze

Hello all! I have the most recent version of safari 9.1, and I have noticed that some times when I'll be browsing youtube watching videos my system will freeze. Once it freezes all I can do is forcibly turn off my macbook and restart the computer. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue? It's starting to be become more frequent and it's annoying.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:52 AM

3 replies

May 5, 2016 10:47 AM in response to Tmn0009

Hi !!

You may have a Safari extension or third party plug-in installed that's causing a conflict. It's easy to troubleshoot.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Uninstall one extension at a time, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

May 5, 2016 11:13 AM in response to Tmn0009

The problem may be caused by a bug in OS X, triggered by "Flash Player."

If Flash is installed and you haven't already done so, please update to the latest version by opening the Flash Player pane in System Preferences and selecting the Updates tab.

If Flash is already up to date, or if the update doesn't solve the problem, open the Safari preferences window and select the Security tab. Uncheck the box marked

Allow Plug-ins

See whether there's an improvement.

You can watch videos on YouTube and some other sites without using Flash by installing the "ClickToFlash" or "ClickToPlugin" Safari extension. That's not an endorsement. You must always do your own research to determine the safety and effectiveness of any third-party software before using it.

Safari Youtube = System freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.