Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just installed El Capitan and the iPhoto icon has a big warning sign on it. When I try to update if from the App store it says it is not available in the UK. what should I do please ?

I have down loaded El Capitan and the iPhoto icon has a big warning sigh. I tired to update in the App store but it says my version is not available in the UK store .What do I do now please

Posted on May 5, 2016 10:19 AM

16 replies

May 5, 2016 11:41 AM in response to Csound1

Ok . cos I am not at all tech savy. So to review. I have ticked Photo in iCloud and I guess all the photos will be sitting in there. Also I have a Time Capsule might they be sitting in there. I think I was in a hurry this mornig and when Photo came up for the fist time I did not import all the Library. I am panicing now worried about my photos and paying the price for being so dumb.

May 5, 2016 12:03 PM in response to maxim1999

That is only a shortcut to the Application, which lives in the Applications folder, so you have not deleted it. The pictures are in the iPhoto library, which can be found in the Pictures folder .

Delete iPhoto from the Applications older but do not empty the trash, leave the library alone. Then download the new version as explained earlier.

May 5, 2016 1:42 PM in response to maxim1999

This would be a good time to start using the new Photos app and leave iPhoto behind. Why? Developement of iPhoto was stopped over a year ago and is no longer supported by the Apple Print Product Stores. It's only a matter of time (not too far away) that iPhoto will not longer be compatible with the latest offered system.

To help make the transition from iPhoto to Photos a little easier read these user tips:

Photos 1.5 vs iPhoto 9.6.1: Features and Capabilities

Moments in Photos are the New Events

External Editors in Photos Are Here

Notes on Migrating an iPhoto Library from iPhoto to Photos for Mac

Photo Editing Extensions for Photos for Mac

User uploaded file

I have just installed El Capitan and the iPhoto icon has a big warning sign on it. When I try to update if from the App store it says it is not available in the UK. what should I do please ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.