Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music keeps showing up that I do not want on my iphone

I am not sure what I did, but recently everything was fine with my iphone 5s and itunes in terms of when I would go to sync, but now when I look at "my music" on my iphone it has every song that I have ever purchased since I first got itunes, so needless to say it's a lot and annoying. But when I go to my music on itunes, I cannot find half the songs so I can't uncheck them. I have deleted a lot of them over the years but why would they be showing up on my iphone now? I tried deleting my music from my storage on my phone but it only deleted my playlists and not the songs in "my music" so I don't know how to get rid of those songs. Any help is greatly appreciated!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 11:07 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 2:16 PM in response to chrri074

Welcome to the bug ridden agrivation-fest that is the new Apple Music service. More than likely the songs are not on the phone, it is showing you ALL the songs you have ever purchased, or it might be that it is showing you song options from the Apple Music Service or iTunes Match. If you go to Settings > Music turn off Show Apple Music, and there should be an option to turn off showing you content in iCloud. If home sharing is turned on on that menu you might need to turn it off too.

Music keeps showing up that I do not want on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.