Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s front camera not working

Hey there,

I've a second hand iPhone 5s I've had about a month and a half now, and the front camera now and again stops working. I noticed it first on Snapchat, when you press the camera flip to selfie mode it won't do it and stays at the front camera. Then I checked through the camera app and it freezes when changing to front camera. I have no idea why it does this, I hard reset, turned the phone off and on, deleted and re-installed snapchat and none of them are a proper fix. Currently I'm having this issue, and I've done all of the above several times to no avail. Sometimes doing one of them will work eventually but not this time.

I haven't factory reset because I only want to do that as a last resort. I have updated to the latest iOS and it hasn't fixed it, has anyone else experienced this problem? I will try factory reset soon but I don't have any high hopes that it will fix it.

Thanks for any help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 5, 2016 10:13 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5s front camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.