Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Smashed, how do I get up to date information from it?

iPhone 5 smashed!! Last updated Nov 2015, I thought it was being updated via WiFi!! How do I get my up to date information from it please? It is not being recognised by iTunes via USB. Sometimes it allows me to entire my pass code and other times I can't. Now and then it will allow me to send a text but the screen then does its own thing, it activates Siri and Siri is calling random people!! Please help me!! I now have an iPhone SE and want to upload my latest information on it!!

Stressed1

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:42 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 9:46 AM in response to Core.G

If iTunes will not recognize the device, you can try this. If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

As far as the backup, you will only be able to do that if you get the device recognized by iTunes and can enter the passcode. Otherwise, you can try getting into Settings>iCloud>Backup and try to do a manual backup.

There is no other method to create a backup.

iPhone 5 Smashed, how do I get up to date information from it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.