Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5s camera not taking pictures

my 5s opens camera ok, sometimes I get the yellow box and can take a picture, other times, no yellow box, even tho image is there, and no clicking, no taking picture. I have double clicked top button and sometimes this fixes it, sometimes not. Is this app going bad? How do I get another camera app?

Posted on May 5, 2016 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 12:11 PM

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

If that does not resolve the issue Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

The camera app cannot be replaced per se - you get offered a replacement depending on your warranty status and AppleCare +

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 12:11 PM in response to otto7

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

If that does not resolve the issue Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

The camera app cannot be replaced per se - you get offered a replacement depending on your warranty status and AppleCare +

May 5, 2016 12:09 PM in response to otto7

You can get 3rd party camera apps through the Apple App Store, many available there. However I would try a forced restart first and if it does not help I would restore the phone. If the phone is defective, a replacement would be your only option.

System Restore. First backup your device using iTunes. Then import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring from backup first and testing it. If it does not help, you may have to restore as New and reconfigure from scratch as the backup could be corrupted. For this reason it is important to have your photos and data saved separately from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

5s camera not taking pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.