Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have launched El Capitan . The iphoto icon has a big warning bar over it. I tried to down load the latest version from the App store.

I have launched El Capitan . The iphoto icon has a big warning bar over it. I tried to down load the latest version from the App store.But it gives me this message.

This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled

Soemebody in the community kindly suugest i put the Iphoto icon in the trash and then downloard the iphoto from purchases but when I go in to purchases there is no record of a purchase just loads of other apps. What do I do now . My existing Iphoto is sitting in trash.

Posted on May 5, 2016 10:48 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 11:41 AM in response to maxim1999

Perhaps the iPhoto version is hidden, see:

Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322

iPhoto will only be available in your Purchases history, if you purchased iPhoto from the App Store, if it came preinstalled with MacoS X Lion to later, or you already updated to iPhoto 9.5.1 or later.

If your iPhoto version came as a boxed iLife DVD and you did not update to at least iPhoto 9.5.1 already, it is not possible for you to update to iPhoto 9.6.1 any longer. You missed the window of opportunity.

In that case migrate to the new Photos for Mac. It can upgrade your iPhoto Libraries losslessly, see: How Photos handles content and metadata from iPhoto and Aperture - Apple Support

have a look at the Photos Help: Photos Help

I have launched El Capitan . The iphoto icon has a big warning bar over it. I tried to down load the latest version from the App store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.