Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan does not use iPhoto anymore; the replacement is an app called Photos. Use Spotlight to search for Photos and see if that works instead. It will update your existing iPhoto library to work with Photos.

El Capitan does not use iPhoto anymore; the replacement is an app called Photos.

Use Spotlight to search for Photos and see if that works instead. It will update your existing iPhoto library to work with Photos.

This is an answer to a previuos question. I have indeed found Photo now but having installed it it only seems to have stored the phots on my phone not on all the photos that have down loaded from the phone over the years but not stored on the phone any more. My Iphoto app is in the trash how do I get all the photos still sitting on there in to Photo

Posted on May 5, 2016 10:58 AM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 11:07 AM in response to maxim1999

Hi ..

"only seems to have stored the phots on my phone"

In that case you may have iCloud enabled.

On your Mac open System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure, "Photos" is selected.

Give iCloud a few minutes to sync your photos then check to see if your photos are in the Photos app.

If not, try the suggestions here > Find your pictures or albums after you migrate a library to Photos

May 5, 2016 11:38 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks so much. I am panicking abit here as I was told to put the iphoto icon in the trash and now I worried I could unwittinglly lose my photos.

So I have bee been in to ICloud and turned on photos. I have left it a bit and all the photos are not in photo, but there isa giant amount of sotred photo in icloud. When I down loaded Photo for the first trime idid not imprt the library option so this why I only have the import from the phone.

But I assume I all the pictures will be stored on the Time Capsule as well ?

El Capitan does not use iPhoto anymore; the replacement is an app called Photos. Use Spotlight to search for Photos and see if that works instead. It will update your existing iPhoto library to work with Photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.