Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Messed Up My Trackpad

I don't know where else to take this issue, other than the Apple Store again, than here. But a few weeks ago, Apple repaired my 2015 MBP for some issues, and also replaced the "top case w/ battery," which includes the trackpad, I guess. After getting it back that time, the trackpad felt flimsy and the silent clicking didn't work. So I had to take it back to the store for them to replace it again. They did, and although the trackpad doesn't feel quite as bad as it did before, it doesn't feel quite as premiums as all the other Macs I have used, nor as it did when I first bought my laptop. There is still a quiet, physical sound, which with this laptop shouldn't be happening.

Do I take it back for repair? It seems no matter how much they "repair" it, it isn't where it should be.

Thank you to whoever reads this!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 5, 2016 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:02 PM

These forums are composed of users like you and we cannot do no more that offer out thoughts.

I suggest that you make that appointment at the Apple store genius bar. Prior to the appointment, test the display models to determine if you can detect differences with those trackpads compared with yours. If so, ask the technician to test them with you so that you might be able to come to a mutual understanding. Should you sense lack of cooperation, do escalate to higher management, but at all times be polite but firm. The solution does reside at the Apple store, not here.

Ciao.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 1:02 PM in response to Klavier93

These forums are composed of users like you and we cannot do no more that offer out thoughts.

I suggest that you make that appointment at the Apple store genius bar. Prior to the appointment, test the display models to determine if you can detect differences with those trackpads compared with yours. If so, ask the technician to test them with you so that you might be able to come to a mutual understanding. Should you sense lack of cooperation, do escalate to higher management, but at all times be polite but firm. The solution does reside at the Apple store, not here.

Ciao.

Apple Messed Up My Trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.