Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused by consolidate

OK, so I wanted to archive my project into a single folder, which the director is going to bring a HD and we are going to copy everything off my system,

The folder with everything in it is called BLT so I created another folder celled BLT_Archive and copied the main library to it (I called it BLT_consolidated).

I opened the library, I then made sure everything it is set up so everything is in the library and consolidated.

What then happened is all the media was copied into a folder in the BLT directory (the directory with the original library, not BLT_Archive where I have the new BLT_Consolidated library) called 'Final Cut Original Media'. So now I have.

BLT/BLT <- original project

BLT/Final Cut Original Media <- all the media

and

BLT_Archive/BLT_Consolidate <- new consolidated project.

I don't understand why, I thought it was meant to copy everything into BLT_Consolidate, or at least if it was going to create a 'Final Cut Original Media' directory it would be in the same folder as the BLT_Consolidated library (i.e. BLT_Archive) that I am consolidating.

I could probably move the Final Cut Original Media folder into BLT_Arcive and relink the media but I really don't want to screw it up (and relinking could be a nightmare).

so what's going on and what do I need to do, its all very confusing and stressful :-(.

Ben

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:23 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2016 6:49 AM in response to funkytwig

funkytwig wrote:

Thanks, is there a easy (or even not so easy) way of moving the original media to the new directory.

As an aside did not create a new library as such, I simply copied it (I wanted to create the original in case a messed it up as it is the first time I have done this).

Yes, there is.

Select the library, click the Modify Settings, choose the desired locations, Consolidate.

Confused by consolidate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.