Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI Apple TV to RCA input of HD TV?

My TV already has one HDMI port but it's being used by my cable box. I'd like to connect Apple TV through one of the open RCA inputs, do I need a HDMI/RCA converter box or simply and HDMI/RCA adapter cable?

Posted on May 5, 2016 11:55 AM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 1:12 PM in response to RecoilRob55

Your best option is to buy an HDMI switch. This will allow you to plug your ATV and cable box in the inputs and the TV's 1 HDMI port into the output.

I have had good personal experience with J-Tech brand HDMI stuff.

Here is what you need. It has 3 inputs so you can add a 3rd HDMI component if you want.

http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-JTD3DSP0301-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B00JQP6PTK/ ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462478720&sr=8-1…

Converting the video from HDMI to RCA opens all kinds of issues including poor image quality and cases where movies will refuse to display on the TV due to built in copy protection which the RCA signal cannot honor. I would forget about this option.

HDMI Apple TV to RCA input of HD TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.