Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use Macbook to move music to NAS

I used to use a Windows PC, which housed a largish iTunes library. I am now using a Macbook with a Synology NAS to provide storage. I transferred my iTunes library from the PC to the NAS and I am quite happy with how everything works. However, I now want to add more music from CDs onto the NAS. How do I get the music from the CD onto the NAS? I don't want to keep using the PC.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on May 5, 2016 2:01 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 2:24 PM in response to Combineharvester

I am not really familiar with day to day use of a NAS. You may find all you need to do is go into iTunes > Preferences > Advanced and set the media folder location to be the same on the NAS as it was on the PC.

Do be aware that we see daily posts from NAS users who find that for some unclear reason iTunes suddenly loses or mis-assigns links to media stored on a NAS. It is a slightly risky practice to use a NAS with iTunes. Make sure you maintain backups.

How do I use Macbook to move music to NAS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.