Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to set my new Ipad up and it's asking for a passcode and I haven't set one up yet

Ipad pro 9.7 in wi-fi 128GB

I started the set up and put my thumb print in,added Icloud, the it ask me for my passcode. I don't have a passcode yet so I'm stuck at that point.

iPad Pro

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:18 PM

7 replies

May 5, 2016 1:53 PM in response to nkwindle

This explains the steps involved in setting up a new iPad:

Get started with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

As you can see in step 4, when you set up your Touch ID (fingerprint), you were asked about a passcode. Either that passcode request happened in the past (and you entered one, otherwise your Touch ID would not be functioning), or that passcode request is happening now, and, as suggested above, you need to create a passcode.

Hopefully this will refresh your memory.

May 5, 2016 3:56 PM in response to nkwindle

I understand what you all are saying, however it never did give me the option of setting up a pass code only to enter one as it said it was a restart. The only other thing was I did accidentally log out of the ipad and then turned it back on but still had not set a pass code. Thank you all I guess I'll have to call in.

I am trying to set my new Ipad up and it's asking for a passcode and I haven't set one up yet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.