Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s battery draining after iOS 9.3.1

I Never had this issue before but after I uogradws to iOS 9.3.1 on my iPhone 5s about a month ago I realized that it's been draining my battery life so much. I will use my phone for ten minutes and lose 20% of my

battery and it's very unsatisfying knowing that it's the only way my parents can contact me and

if my phone is dead I'm screwed

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:09 PM

AngelCaniff wrote:

I Never had this issue before but after I uogradws to iOS 9.3.1 on my iPhone 5s about a month ago I realized that it's been draining my battery life so much. I will use my phone for ten minutes and lose 20% of my

battery and it's very unsatisfying knowing that it's the only way my parents can contact me and

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Are you saying that if your phone runs out of battery, you wouldn't be able to charge your phone?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 1:09 PM in response to AngelCaniff

AngelCaniff wrote:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Are you saying that if your phone runs out of battery, you wouldn't be able to charge your phone?

May 7, 2016 2:23 PM in response to AngelCaniff

I Know exactly what you mean. I had this problem with a new iPad Air 2. after upgrading ios 9 to another 9.1, my battery performance went from good to pretty bad. Nothing on my iPad had changed other than the iOS update. It seems to be an obscure bug, i have reported it and I'm even on public Beta now to try to get more feedback on the problem. Its sad, but unless someone witnesses the problem on their device, they tend to believe that it must be user error. All I can say is that I am seeing more and more reports on the problem manifesting itself, so hopefully apple with take notice and make a serious look into the phenomena. it happens after an iOS update, but it's not a blanket occurance, so it's hard to replicate.

i Would definitely send feedback about the issue to Apple. That should be made aware of just how more common this issue is becoming.

It seems that the common 'fix' given is a link to an article on how to conserve battery power, but that goes nowhere near solving the issue and just changes how you use your device when there was no problem beforehand.

Oct 24, 2016 5:08 PM in response to enzotron

I rectified a similar problem by disabling location services / system services / motion calibration & distance. It was keeping location services (which consumes much power) on nearly all of the time. The only clients which use this are the Apple Watch (which I don't own) and health apps (including Apple Health, which I've ignored). BTW, the Health app stores every step you take and when you take it.

iPhone 5s battery draining after iOS 9.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.