Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to upgrade from 10.7.5 to 10.11 on early 2009 mac mini

How to upgrade to OS X 10.11?

Mac mini (Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.5), This problem is on my mac mini

Posted on May 5, 2016 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 5:30 PM

Back up your data,check your applications for compatibility, and download El Capitan from the Mac App Store.

(142076)

3 replies

May 9, 2016 12:25 PM in response to Niel

Thank you very much, Niel. I'm now downloading El Capitan after doing back up and checking my apps for compatibility.

Mac App Store shows that El C is downloading, but the only thing I see that looks like a progress bar is under the Launchpad icon in the dock. It had been downloading for 2 hours now, and the (probable) progress bar is at the beginning.

May 16, 2016 7:41 AM in response to gprpl

Depending on the slowness of your internet connection and that of your ISP available

to your account, the downloads of size can take quite a bit of time. And if you are using

a wi-fi (airport, etc) between the ISP internet modem and your Mini, it would be faster to

be using an Ethernet cable and configure the Mini to use that instead of AirPort.

Just saying. Large files take time.

Some means of downloading take even longer. 😉

how to upgrade from 10.7.5 to 10.11 on early 2009 mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.