Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bookmarks overwritten

I use a lot of Bookmarks as part of my work. I have important customer sites listed in these bookmarks. My work requires I use Linux desktops as well as my Mac and a MS Windows 7 virtual machine. I use X-Marks to keep bookmarks synced between OS X, Linux, and Windows without ever having an issue. When I make a change or add a bookmark and run the sync from the X-Marks preferences, I see it on my other systems as soon as they sync. I also can access my bookmarks on a web site to restore if need be. As soon as I add iCloud bookmarks sync in to the mix though to get my phone and iPad synced it all goes to s#!t. This really ticks me off and I am now having to, again disconnect my iPhone and iPad from iCloud bookmark sync for a several hours until my changes on the Mac become the default iCloud set. This gets old fast......

Anybody have a good solution to this issue? Anyone know of a tool to edit and sync iCloud bookmarks?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:42 PM

There are no replies.

bookmarks overwritten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.