Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the latest version of I Movie? I have version 10.1.2

With the latest version does it feature an inspector? If my current version has an inspector, where is it?

I cannot find it.

Am thinking of going to FinL CUT PRO. Big learning curve, is it worth it?

Ian B

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 5, 2016 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:50 PM

10.1.2 is the latest version of iMovie. It has no inspector window,most of the items you normally see in the inspector are scattered throughout the interface. FCPX is a pro editor and offers many more controls(including Inspector) and functions than iMovie. The learning curve is steep but if you are a serious editor I think you will love it. It does cost $300.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 8:50 PM in response to Baygs

10.1.2 is the latest version of iMovie. It has no inspector window,most of the items you normally see in the inspector are scattered throughout the interface. FCPX is a pro editor and offers many more controls(including Inspector) and functions than iMovie. The learning curve is steep but if you are a serious editor I think you will love it. It does cost $300.

May 6, 2016 2:27 AM in response to Jim Wanamaker

I suggest you download FCP X from the App Store where you can try it out for free for one month. In fact I haven't used iMovie to create any new videos since 2014 having switched entirely to FCP X. I only use it now to check out help in this thread. I did not not find the FCP X learning curve a problem - in fact I find it is much more logical but perhaps that's due to my scientific background. The user interface is quite similar to iMovie 10. It is very good value for money if you compare it to what you may spend on camera equipment.

Geoff.

May 6, 2016 6:22 AM in response to tommo1311

You have already restarted your Mac, right?

Either the update installed incompletely, or you may be having a problem with corrupted user preferences files. Check, if the problem is system wide or only occurs in your user account.

Sign into the guest user account and test, if iMovie is working there correctly, see this link:

Isolating an issue by using another user account

May 11, 2016 5:09 PM in response to Baygs

Thanks to Leonie, Jim Wanamaker,GeeD,&Tommo1311 for all your answers etc. Appreciated.

Seems that upgrading to Final cut Pro will be worthwhile. It costs $499 in Australia which I was surprised at as last time I looked it was $370!

Anyway, quick question- upgrading do I leave iMovie on the mac or remove it?

Can Final Cut Pro be used to upgrade old Movies?

What about old footage etc?

Thanks again for answers in advance!!

Baygs

What is the latest version of I Movie? I have version 10.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.