Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apps aren't downloading. It just says waiting.

I have not been able to download apps all day. No error just says waiting.

iPad Pro, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 5, 2016 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 2:59 PM

Do you have a lot of apps installed...? If you do, try clearing out some space by deleting a few apps that you don't want anymore. If you have a lot of space on your iPad, try restarting it. That's my advice anyway.

5 replies

May 5, 2016 2:40 PM in response to JosiahBruns

The App Store had issues earlier in the day but Apple told the news services that all had been restored hours ago. As of this moment all services appear green. If you are still having problem you could try resetting the App Store:

Close the App Store completely from the app switcher window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the App Store preview pane until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the App Store pane by scrawling to the left.

Then sign out of the iTunes Store (in Settings).

Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Then sign back into the iTunes Store.

My apps aren't downloading. It just says waiting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.