Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive model a1379 won't recognize dvd

I purchased the superdrive to use with a MacBook Pro mid-2015 with OS X Ex Capitan. Plugged it in, slipped in a DVD movie and after a few moments it was ejected. I set the system preferences to default to DVD player to no avail. Why is this such an issue? It should be a simple plug and play. In reading the directions from Apple they note that if this occurs I would need to pay someone from Apple to fix this? I've read everything online I can about this issue but do not feel comfortable altering any programming code or downloading other video applications to fix this issue. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated as I paid $90 for this and cannot use. Thank you fellow MacBook users 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 5, 2016 4:33 PM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2017 12:56 PM in response to JennyH2016

HI, if you still or others need help with this.

this is what happened with me.

I just bought my SuperDrive.

the superdrive kept saying the DVD was not supported and would eject.

the machines are made in China and they do not know where ( what region of the world yours is being sent.)

so you have to open up the region codes and put in your area which is marked on the page.

now I can not help any further, because after trying, and trying, my code option just popped up, and asked me what country I was in. It set itself and Works fine now. Hope this helps somewhat, at least you could know what the problem might be. To find the answer.

Superdrive model a1379 won't recognize dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.