Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have $4.18 credit on iTunes.Why can't I buy 99 cent song without giving credit card

I have a $4.18 credit in iTunes account. Want to buy a 99 cent song, but they keep asking for credit card #. I would like to do all my purchases with iTunes cards. Please let me use my credit. Why is this happening?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3

Posted on May 5, 2016 2:39 PM

5 replies

May 6, 2016 4:22 AM in response to rredwcamby

We are fellow users on these forums, we can't 'let you use your credit'.

What exactly happens when you try to buy the song, what messages/prompts show ? Is this the first time that you've tried to buy something on the device/computer that you are using, do you have card details on the account (if you do they have to be valid and complete even if using a balance), and are you in family sharing ?

May 6, 2016 4:20 PM in response to King_Penguin

Using an iPad, to buy song with credit from iTunes cards. This is my 2nd or 3rd iTunes card I have used with success to buy songs. How when I select a 99 cent song to buy, a messag/prompts shows up. (Verification Required -- Before you can make purchases you must tap continue to verify your payment)

tapping continue brings up ACCOUNT SETTINGS INOF. Wanting a visa,master card,Amex or discover number before I can make my 99 cent purchase.

Have a credit of $4.18 and planed on buying more iTunes cards to make furture purchases. I don't want to use credit cards for my song purchases.

May 8, 2016 9:56 AM in response to King_Penguin

No have not enter my card details yet. I don't like being force to give my credi card number out when I use iTunes cards for my purchases. When I purchase the iTunes card I was unaware of having to have a credit card in order to use it. What happens if I don't possess a credit card ? I just don't thinks it is right.

Thanks for your input, guess l am out $4.18 and just venting.

Have $4.18 credit on iTunes.Why can't I buy 99 cent song without giving credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.