Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Disable Fetch from Account?

I have an iPad with two e-mail accounts setup on it. One is my iCloud 'Push' account and the other is a custom 'Fetch' e-mail address.

I have forwarded my custom e-mail to my iCloud account so that all e-mails go through iCloud, and get pushed out as received. This has effectively disabled my custom account from being accessed directly, however, I can still send e-mails from the custom address on the iPad.

Unfortunately, with the account enabled to allow me to use the custom e-mail address, Mail automatically tries to fetch mail from the custom server, which results in a error that the e-mail cannot be retrieved. Now I don't have this problem on my Mac, as the Mail app allows me to enable the account, but disable it automatically checking for new mail.

I can't figure out how to do this on the iOS Mail app.

I currently have Mail configured to Fetch all mail manually, and I have only the iCloud account selected in the Mail browser. But despite this, whenever I open Mail, it tries to fetch mail from all enabled accounts, even though I'm only viewing one account.

HELP!

Is there any other way to set this up which would allow me to forward my custom e-mail account to iCloud to be Pushed through that account, and send e-mail from both accounts, without Fetching from either?

Posted on May 5, 2016 2:55 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2016 4:04 PM in response to modular747

Thanks for the response. I'm using iOS 9.3.1 on an iPad 3. An iPhone 5c is using the same accounts with 9.3.1, and has the same problem.

The custom account is set to manual, and iCloud is set to Push in Settings.

As I stated, in the Mail App, I only have the iCloud e-mail box selected. So theoretically, I am NEVER manually activating the custom manual account.

Yet, whenever I open Mail, it requests mail from all accounts whether selected or not. This seems counter-intuitive to the way the rest of the app works, e.g. whenever I go into a Sent mailbox of an account, only then does it retrieve new mail.

But it sounds like what you're saying is that for whatever reason, I am unable to prevent a manual account from retrieving mail when opening the app, other than disabling the account completely?

How to Disable Fetch from Account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.