Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Carrier said that my iPhones are blocking my wifi strenght, is true?

Every night, starting at 7:30 p.m. (Central Time), my wifi speed goes down from 5Mb to 1Mb, my Carrier (CLARO), said me that my iPhones (I have 4 iPhones) are blocking/interfering with the wifi signal. They said to me that I have to reset all the iPhones to Factory Reset and that will help me.

The weirdest thing is that only happens at 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., then I get back my 5Mb in home. I used iPhones since 3 years and this is the first time it is happening. During the mornings and afternoons, I can use all my devices, including 3 laptops, 1 iPad, 1 wifi printer and everything is ok.

Can you help me guys, to confirm if someone else is having this kind of issue, please?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 3:38 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2016 4:00 PM in response to cm1501

I don't know who CLARO is but it sounds like they are the ones throttling back the bandwidth. iPhones do not do that. It is not unusual for some carriers that have limited available bandwidth to restrict it during peak hours like yours. Comcast tends to do that in this area but then again, their bandwidth is high (50+ Mbps). I have no issues with my iPhones or my carrier, AT&T.

Do any other devices in your house slow down as well? Try a computer and see. If they also slow down then the phone has nothing to do with it.

Here is a User Tip I wrote regarding Wi-Fi issues just in case one of them helps.

Suggestions for Wi-Fi issues

My Carrier said that my iPhones are blocking my wifi strenght, is true?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.