Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone set a 4 digit restricktions pass code on my phone, because I didn't set it up I don't know what it is. How can I change this?

I Went to the store to get my new refurbished phone, and the man asked me for my restriction pass code. I never set one up. So when I got home I tried all the pass codes that I have and none worked. Not to mention, I didn't know that you could set up a restriction pass code. So my question is, how do I reset my restrictions pass code?

Posted on May 5, 2016 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 4:24 PM

You cannot reset the Restrictions passcode. The only thing you can do is to restore the iPhone to factory, not using your backup. The backup contains the Restrictions passcode, so using it would just put the passcode back on the device. Restore to factory and then you can add your content back manually, without using your backup.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 4:24 PM in response to korbin12!

You cannot reset the Restrictions passcode. The only thing you can do is to restore the iPhone to factory, not using your backup. The backup contains the Restrictions passcode, so using it would just put the passcode back on the device. Restore to factory and then you can add your content back manually, without using your backup.

someone set a 4 digit restricktions pass code on my phone, because I didn't set it up I don't know what it is. How can I change this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.