Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I having to change my apple id every couple of days I know my password but apple keeps locking me out and forcining me to change it.

Why am I having to change my apple id every couple of days, apple keeps locking me out, saying wrong password.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 9.3.1, also IMAC 24 INCH 2009

Posted on May 5, 2016 4:52 PM

10 replies

May 5, 2016 4:54 PM in response to Samolah

Yes, lots of folks are having the same issue including myself. Eventually I was forced to change my PW, as it kept popping up whenever I tried to access iCloud, or other PW protected places. Both on my Mac and iPhone. There doesn't seem to be any way around it.

However it turned out that I was able to enter a shorter and more memorable PW, LOL! My original was 10 charcters long and my new PW is 8 characters. 🙂

The consensus seems to be that Apple is further protecting the cloud by asking users to change passwords more often.

May 5, 2016 9:23 PM in response to Samolah

I have changed my password many times and with i the same 30 min. I will get 3 pop ups requesting my apple id password i will enter it then I tunes wants one I enter it and then they look me out saying I dont knoe my password. isnt Itunes, icloud and apple id all the same password ? or is this where I am going wrong ?

Why am I having to change my apple id every couple of days I know my password but apple keeps locking me out and forcining me to change it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.