Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: 4M0T/4/40000003: HDD-1287

I am with problems with my iMac 27" 2011 with El Capitan.

I've runned the Apple Hardware Test and found this error: 4M0T/4/40000003: HDD-1287.

What does it mean?

Thanks, Lucas.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 5, 2016 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 5:42 PM

It means you have hardware problems that need to be addressed!!!!!!!!! Likely your HD, a fan or fan sensor has failed. Take the machine to you local Apple Authorized Service Provider to get it repaired, if you don't of any in your general vicinity please click the Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator link to begin finding one.

Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 5:42 PM in response to Lucas_Capanema

It means you have hardware problems that need to be addressed!!!!!!!!! Likely your HD, a fan or fan sensor has failed. Take the machine to you local Apple Authorized Service Provider to get it repaired, if you don't of any in your general vicinity please click the Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator link to begin finding one.

Good luck.

May 5, 2016 5:49 PM in response to Lucas_Capanema

Lucas_Capanema wrote:

It may be a HDD problem, it is very slow. I am using the machine only with the ssd now, but I will try to replace the HD.

Is there some way to "disconnect it" using just software?

No you must open it up. Opening and working on a 2011 27" iMac isn't that difficult. I would recommend that you view this video several times before attempting the work.

http://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/imac_mid27_2011_hd/

Error: 4M0T/4/40000003: HDD-1287

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.