Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add tunes to my Ipod Touch at higher bitrate without synch

I want to add some higher than 256 music to my Ipod Touch. I have a large music collection. If I try to synch, the program erases music on my Ipad Touch as a part of the synch process. Any ideas on how to add music without synching?

iPod touch, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 3:56 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2016 5:27 PM in response to charliko

Apple's syncing process expects you to use a single library to manage the content on your device. If you try to sync using a different library it will suggest removing existing content on the device and adding media from the new library. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device to make sure all the content you want on the device is in your library. You can then sync selected content to it.

tt2

May 5, 2016 5:48 PM in response to charliko

THe problem is that I have checked the box to change all larger files to 256. I want to put a few tunes in at 320. I want to be able to do this without reloading my entire library yet again! I am finding that I have to bypass itunes alltogether and use the Recorder App to store the higher bit rate tunes. I was hoping to keep the tunes in music on my Ipod touch and or Ipad.

Add tunes to my Ipod Touch at higher bitrate without synch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.