Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

its been a long time since i have used any apple stuff but its comming back

why does my debit card keeps getting declined when its good?

did some checking my adress wasnt right i fixed that ,its still doing the same thing

iPhone 4S, my 1st iphone

Posted on May 5, 2016 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 7:02 AM

It's possibly because it's a debit card, not all seem to still be accepted and they might not be accepted at all in some countries. Do you have a credit card that you could try ?

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you are (and therefore the country which is on your iTunes account).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2016 7:02 AM in response to billb59

It's possibly because it's a debit card, not all seem to still be accepted and they might not be accepted at all in some countries. Do you have a credit card that you could try ?

For a card to have a chance of being accepted it needs to be registered to the same name and address (including format and spacing etc) that you have on your iTunes account, and have been issued by a bank in the country where you are (and therefore the country which is on your iTunes account).

May 6, 2016 7:29 AM in response to King_Penguin

after checking into debit cards last night for some time i might add i have found out that alot of them mine included even though they say there accepted & ALL the info is correct ,there still not accepted i have been in contact with itunes/apple ever since this started .

and as of yet i still have not heard back from them yet,its been 2 days ago now & still i havnt heard nothing back yet.

i might add also, its been a while though i have used this kinda card in the past to make music purchases with no problem at all,so i dont know what there deal is,but i think it *****!.

i dont have no credit cards,nor do i want one,last i had that was years ago now ,if i cant pay for it, i dont need it is my way of doing stuff,so i dont want a credit card.

so after doing some looking last night i found a way to work around this debit card thing,only thing about that is you will have to get a gift card from itunes or go to a actual store for anything,which is fine with me.

the way it is in this day & age if you look long enough you probly can find it for free (music & video) stuff that is

and what i did it worked i was able to get facebook & messenger app, still after 1 more which im going to do later today,now if i can word it right on what i did.

im sure this will work on any of the phones it seems to me there about the same

what i have is a iphone 4s

go to settings--- itunes store & app store,tap your apple id, you will have to sign in,tap payment info you will see a list of ways incuding one that says none,tap none.then you are good to go,as i say you can only get free stuff which is fine with me ,im not into all of them games ect anything else i want like music for say i can put it though i tunes or get a itunes gift card or go to a actual store

also where i found this,its says it might not work be shaded out in gray there was a list of reasons which i dont know ,i think i found this info on the apple faq,i only kept the parts that pertained to me.

i hope this helps ,thats what i did to get around it

bmbjr

May 6, 2016 7:43 AM in response to billb59

i think what apple is doing ,to me i wouldnt think it would be leagel ,as far as im aware of if its a leagle form of payment they should honor it,but for whatever reasons now i guess they think there above all that or getting to big for there britches as my grandpaw used to say.

there probly going to find out not everybody has or wants a credit card,then there going to lose bussiness & then there going to be clueless rocket science is all i can say

its been a long time since i have used any apple stuff but its comming back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.