Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent Podcast Not Shown in Itunes

I published my 4th podcast on our website back on April 13th but saw that it's not been added to the Itunes store yet. The previous podcasts are there. Not sure if I missed a step to add it to itunes store. I thought once the first podcast was accepted, I need not resubmit it and that it automatically will update the feed after a day or so with the newest podcast listed in itunes. here is the url feed. http://specialneedsinmycity.com/feed/podcast/

here is the link to the published post if this helps,

http://specialneedsinmycity.com/hip-dysplasia-what-parents-can-do-for-their-chil dren-at-risk-early-signs-and-effective-t…

Please advise.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on May 5, 2016 6:37 PM

16 replies

May 8, 2016 6:12 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

HI Roger,

I edited the titles back in April. When it picked up the 4th episode couple of days ago, doesn't it check for all changes to the website or does it only look at the most recent update to the site?

Also, When I look at the description column in Apple store for the podcast, the latest 2 has byline information from the article which is normally on all articles. However, the 2 oldest podcasts picked up first couple of lines from the article (which is want I want) Any suggestion on how to fix this? The byline is on all the articles. So I don't understand why it's not consistent in showing the description has the first few lines of the article.

Thank so much!

Meena

May 10, 2016 1:41 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

HI Roger,

The titles got updated upon your suggestion. However, the Description column for the latest 2 still only indicate my name from the byline unlike the other 2. Strange... (http://specialneedsinmycity.com/feed/podcast/)

In general, when there is a byline on a post, will it pick up the byline text first before it picks up the first couple of lines of post? Just wondering. ummm

Thanks Roger.

May 11, 2016 8:30 AM in response to mjandhy

In PowerPress, unless you change it, the description is the first part of your blog posts. You can enable "iTunes subtitle" in the basic settings tab of PowerPress and then write what you want in that box as you post an episode. It will add a box in your podcast episode area for the subtitle. IF you put nothing in there, it will use your blog post.

-Mike

(Blubrry Support)

May 11, 2016 10:30 AM in response to mgdell

Thank you Mike for taking the time to respond. I'll remember what you said the next time I publish a new podcast.

1) Since the podcast has been published, is too late to go back and customize in the "itunes subtitle" for EACH episode?

2) If I want the episode subtitle to read the first 250 characters but NOT the byline, is it possible? Maybe not... since the feed will read the first 250 characters which the byline is part of.

Meena

May 11, 2016 2:05 PM in response to mjandhy

1. Any changes you make will be picked up by the Store, though it may take a few days - subscribers will see them pretty well immediately.

2. iTunes will read the contents of the 'itunes:subtitle' tag however that gets populated. If you follow Mike's advice and enable the tag you can type or paste in there exactly what you want to see. If the text is longer than the space in the Store's display it will be truncated, though those who know can hover over it and see it as a tooltip.

May 11, 2016 2:31 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger,

Ok, if I enable the itunes.subtitle, it doesn't give me a box to put the episode subtitle for each episode in the Basic Settings Tab as each of you suggested. where would I paste the details of each episode's subtitle?

Here is what I see:

Configure your podcast episode entry box with the options that fit your needs.

Media URL (Specify URL to episode's media file)

Media File Size and Duration (Specify episode's media file size and duration)

Embed Field (Enter embed code from sites such as YouTube)

Replace Player with Embed (Do not display default player if embed present for episode.)

Display Player and Links Options

Poster Image (Specify URL to poster artwork specific to each episode)

Player Width and Height (Customize player width and height on a per episode basis)

iTunes Subtitle Field (Leave unchecked to use the first 250 characters of your blog post)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

iTunes Summary Field (Leave unchecked to use your blog post)

Recent Podcast Not Shown in Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.