Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This account has been temporarily locked. Please try again later.

Very interesting. Can't log in to icloud.com because of too many incorrect attempts. But then come to the support community and use the SAME login and password that icloud says is not valid, and get right in! Go figure.

I'm still locked out. I cannot change the password. I cannot reset the secret questions, which I don't remember setting up in the first place. And there's no 800 number to call and talk to anyone. You need an appointment to go to an Apple store and talk to a real live person. I probably need a login and password at the door just to get in. Let's see, Apple is not the only game in town. There are other companies to choose from. Maybe I should just take my dollars and go somewhere else.

iPhone 4

Posted on May 5, 2016 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:02 PM

This is a user to user support forum, so how you spend you money is not really of concern here. You do not need to go to an Apple Store to get help. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago, and after waiting the 24 hours that are required when you lock yourself out, I contacted Apple Support and they were able to help me:

ACCOUNT SECURITY SUPPORT

Set up a time for them to call you. They will send you a link to reset your Security Questions.

Cheers,

GB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2016 7:02 PM in response to Richard D B

This is a user to user support forum, so how you spend you money is not really of concern here. You do not need to go to an Apple Store to get help. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago, and after waiting the 24 hours that are required when you lock yourself out, I contacted Apple Support and they were able to help me:

ACCOUNT SECURITY SUPPORT

Set up a time for them to call you. They will send you a link to reset your Security Questions.

Cheers,

GB

May 6, 2016 9:00 AM in response to Richard D B

I have the same issue.....ie after entering my (correct) password I was told "you need to enter more information to change that" - I wasn't trying to change anything. Like you, I did not recall entering the security questions in the first place and hence after several wrong attempts, I have been locked out.

As I have just purchased some new Apple kit that needs installing with my apple ID, this is VERY annoying.

I am guessing there is a generic issue across the iCloud....but there really needs to be some better communication on the status and how to resolve this.

This account has been temporarily locked. Please try again later.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.