Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not appearing in 'use mobile data for'

Upgraded to iOS 9.3.1 on an iPh5

There are numerous apps not appearing under the 'use mobile data for' list. Only the pre-installed ones appear there, none of the ones which I installed. Naturally, I would like to control my data usage.

I have tried restarting (home+power button) and used the apps using mobile data to see if they would appear, but no avail.

Any solutions?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 5:57 PM

4 replies

May 5, 2016 7:15 PM in response to fsa259

I have an iPhone 5 myself and while a few apps do not appear under the mobile data list, nearly all do. If you can only see the native apps something is amiss with your system. The typical repair steps are forced restart, restore from backup and restore as new.

Forced Restart which apparently you have tried but try it again, please:

Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will not lose anything.

Restore:

First backup your device using iTunes. Then import your photos to your computer and copy all important data. Try restoring from backup first and testing it. If it does not help, you may have to restore as New and reconfigure from scratch as the backup could be corrupted. For this reason it is important to have your photos and data saved separately from the backup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

May 6, 2016 3:48 AM in response to elcpu

Thanks for your reply.

I tried a few more forced resets, which didn't help.

I've restored from my backup, which didn't help.

I really don't want to go through having to restore and start afresh just yet as it took me ages to get everything set up on the phone just as I like it. I hope there is another solution before I have to go down that route 😟

Apps not appearing in 'use mobile data for'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.