Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock an Iphone 6

have service through att and got a new iPhone 6+ and was giving my old iPhone 6 to my son ...... he has mobile and we found out that att has a lock on my phone for 14 days ...... how or can i unlock this phone sooner as my son is traveling and he has no phone now ...... would have not ordered the new phone if i knew there was a 14 day wait ...... have been told there is an online place where you can pay to have it unlocked in 24 hours? can this be done or what can i do if anything?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:37 PM

Only the carrier can unlock the phone legally. The "online site" is an illegal way to unlock your device, and you will run the risk if it being locked again if you go that route. Call AT&T to see what they can do for you.

Best of luck,

GB

6 replies

May 5, 2016 7:38 PM in response to wofrankwo

The online places are ripoffs. They are generally a hack. Not sure why AT&T would have told you 14 days, it doesn't normally take that long to process an unlock. They will email you when the unlock has been processed, and you just need to follow their instructions to restore the device to complete the unlock.

Only the carrier the device is locked to can authorize the unlock. You will need to wait.

Unlock an Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.