Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" Retina (Mid 2015) Random Rebooting

Recently bought a refurbished Macbook Pro 15 Inch Retina Model and at first everything was great. I installed everything I needed, transferred all my files etc. Anyway about 4 days later I see my battery is getting quite low so I plug it in for some juice and just close the lid. I come back to a green magsafe indicator and I open the lid and theres just a black screen. Long story short I couldn't get it to turn back on so I made an appointment with Genius bar and they sent it our for repair. I go and pick it up today and the repair says that the logic board and I/O Board were replaced. Yay my computer tuns on but now I get random reboots. At first it would just shutdown and not restart. But now it just reboots and the funny thing is, is that its not a kernel panic and there are no serious errors in the logs and when it comes back on its like a normal restart like nothing ever happened. I did a SMC reset and a PRAM reset to see if that would help but not quite.

Please help I run a business and cannot afford to be without a computer again. Specs below.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 5, 2016 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2016 6:48 AM

Hello thisguyapple,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

If you are having issues with your computer unexpectedly restarting, you might be served by using the suggestions in the following support article:

OS X: When your computer spontaneously restarts or displays "Your computer restarted because of a problem."

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2016 6:48 AM in response to thisguyapple

Hello thisguyapple,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

If you are having issues with your computer unexpectedly restarting, you might be served by using the suggestions in the following support article:

OS X: When your computer spontaneously restarts or displays "Your computer restarted because of a problem."

Best regards.

Macbook Pro 15" Retina (Mid 2015) Random Rebooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.