Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch 5th generation not being found by Itunes and Windows 10

I have a 5th generation Ipod Touch - which until recently was fine until a month or two ago.

Itunes will no longer find my Ipod Touch and therefore the 'sync' options won't come up.

My old laptop died, and I'm now on windows 10.

I'm trying to move all my music folders around and have a sort out, but this has never been a problem before in the past.

I've tried searching for the Device Manager, Universal Serial Bus Controllers, etc - but they all indicate they are okay.

Trouble shooting from Itunes 'Diagnostics' tells me "No Ipod, Ipad, Iphone found"... tried following the 'HELP' but got so far and then struggled...

any ideas before the Ipod touch meets an unfortunate end?

iPod touch, Windows 10, 5th generation Ipod Touch

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2016 4:14 AM

Hey Msdefied,
I understand that you are having an issue with your iPod touch not showing up in iTunes. Let's go over some additional troubleshooting to get this sorted out.
I would start with Resetting the Lockdown folder on your PC as well as trying different ports and cables if you have access to them on your PC. Take a look at the article below to continue what you have already started to get this working for you.
If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

Take it easy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2016 4:14 AM in response to Msdefied

Hey Msdefied,
I understand that you are having an issue with your iPod touch not showing up in iTunes. Let's go over some additional troubleshooting to get this sorted out.
I would start with Resetting the Lockdown folder on your PC as well as trying different ports and cables if you have access to them on your PC. Take a look at the article below to continue what you have already started to get this working for you.
If iTunes doesn‘t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

Take it easy

May 9, 2016 4:18 AM in response to norm123

I had tried using all the USB ports, still the same issue. Tried looking for the lockdown folder too... only had 4 folders under the Apple name and none of them or the subfolders where titled Lockdown - even searched the C Drive using various versions and went through every file just to make sure. After lots of cursing and swearing, I ended up removing the whole Itunes and Apple folders from my laptop and then reinstalled them again and finally have an IPOD connection once again!

Thank you for your help though 🙂

Ipod Touch 5th generation not being found by Itunes and Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.