Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6 running 9.3.1 no airplane mode

After updating my iPhone 6 to 9.3.1 it will not go into airplane mode.

I can toggle the switch on the settings menu and the switch on the lock screen fine but the phone does not turn off bluetooth, wifi or cellular activity. All 3 stay active. If I force quit the settings app after turning on airplane mode and then re-enter it, it shows as turned off. May also be related but my macbook also said there was an error and the phone couldn't be backed up.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:19 PM

10 replies

May 7, 2016 9:17 AM in response to AussieDan

Ok, so an update for anyone else experiencing the problem.

Started going through my apps one by one to see if there were any acting strange. Puffin web browser was crashing like crazy and causing the phone to hang and freeze.

I deleted the app and then went to re-boot the phone.

The phone would only get the black apple screen of death (i.e. Go to power on and you get the apple logo for about 5 seconds and then it turns off).

I could get it to boot in recovery mode but iTunes on my laptop would tell me there is an un-recoverable error with the phone and a full factory restore is the only solution.

Sadly Ladies and Gentlemen, I took this option. It took 3 tries at re-installing iOS on the phone before it stuck and would boot... As a new, blank phone.

Back to downloading all the junk I kept on there (maps, books, music and so on). It's a bit of an omen because I've been looking to move away from Apple anyway. This latest episode just gave me a little nudge towards Android.

<Edited by Host>

IPhone 6 running 9.3.1 no airplane mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.