Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

user event agent running at full power

i have a 15 inch i7 with 8 gb of ram also it has 250GB storage. i am running the most uptodate operating system when i log on after about 5 min the user event agent runs up to full power and then crashes it. The problem still persists after multiple installs of osx and replacing the hard drive. The computer creates no crash log and does not slow down before it powers off. The genius bar has run hardware diagnostics and prety much told me to go away and that i am running high powered games which are crashing it. i have hearthstone and that is it on that machine. i later removed that and the problem still persisted but. the problem only occurs when i am running programs and not in safe mode. they have installed the ox from a disk image and there is not remnant of the old osx remaining.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 6, 2016 12:46 AM

2 replies

May 6, 2016 1:25 PM in response to Steve 11

If you've ever used a Wacom graphics tablet, but don't use it now, please remove the software according to the manufacturer's instructions, then restart the computer. If you do use the tablet, refer to the manufacturer for support or an update.

Credit for this observation to ASC member BitTwiddler.

If an external storage device is connected, add it to the Privacy list in the Spotlight preference pane and see whether there's an improvement.

Credit for this observation to ASC member CGraffix.

user event agent running at full power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.