Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way for my tags in Windows to also reflect in Mac and vice versa?

Hi! I've recently bought a MacBook and a new hard drive. I'm trying to organize my files from my Windows desktop. I've already started organizing them into folders, added tags and authors and all that. But when I checked on my Mac, the metadeta was not there and vice versa. Please, I really need help. I've been looking online and couldn't find a solution. 😟

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:46 PM

Perhaps this will help > http://thefamilycurator.com/moving-photo-metadata-between-windows-and-mac/

4 replies

May 5, 2016 8:55 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi thank you so much! It was very informative. I tested it and it works. However, I learned that when I add "Tags" on Mac, they do not show up in the Tags part in Windows. I used Lightroom initially to transfer files from Windows to Mac. And I added the Tags manually on Mac but they did not reflect on Windows. I will test adding Keywords through Lightroom and see if it does the trick.

Thanks again! 🙂

Is there any way for my tags in Windows to also reflect in Mac and vice versa?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.