Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop iPhone from Asking to Update iOS

How can I stop my iPhone from asking if I want to update iOS? I don't want to update my iPhone.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2, null

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2017 11:08 AM

I only get constant prompts when an iOS update has been auto downloaded onto my phone.

Go to Settings / General / Storage & iCloud Usage / Manage Storage and look for an iOS update in the list. If there is one delete it and the prompts should stop.

To avoid your phone auto downloading the update again turn of WiFi when you are charging or syncing it. Another option, and the one I use, is to download and app called Weblock. You can then add Apple's update server to the Blacklist in this app and will prevent the auto downloads. I have been using this app successfully on various iPhones and iPads for many years.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2017 11:08 AM in response to C0RTANA

I only get constant prompts when an iOS update has been auto downloaded onto my phone.

Go to Settings / General / Storage & iCloud Usage / Manage Storage and look for an iOS update in the list. If there is one delete it and the prompts should stop.

To avoid your phone auto downloading the update again turn of WiFi when you are charging or syncing it. Another option, and the one I use, is to download and app called Weblock. You can then add Apple's update server to the Blacklist in this app and will prevent the auto downloads. I have been using this app successfully on various iPhones and iPads for many years.

Stop iPhone from Asking to Update iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.