Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does this Apple Hardware error Code mean 4 SNS/1/40000001:'VDOR' My iMac OS 10.4.11drops out when starting up.

What does this Apple Hardware error Code mean 4 SNS/1/40000001:'VDOR' My iMac OS 10.4.11drops out when starting up. I downloaded a video so maybe the memory is full although no warning was given and worked fine afterwards. But seems to have shut itself down since then. I tried to start up from the Installation disc but same problem. Have looked for lists of Error codes but cannot find this one.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 5, 2016 7:55 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2016 8:07 PM in response to martin whian whian

Apple does not publish what the codes mean, however it clearly indicates you have a hardware fault. I STRONGLY advise taking the computer to an Apple Authorized Service Provider in your area who can professionaly diagnose it. This will likely save you money rather than guessing what the problem is. If you don't know of any in your are you can begin finding one by clicking AASP Locator

May 5, 2016 8:16 PM in response to martin whian whian

According to the list I've been able to amass, SNS means System Sensor - as mentioned, a hardware fault. So, Apple store or authorized service provider is the next step - there is nothing you can do. Hopefully you have a current backup.

Just FYI, downloading a video takes up space on your hard drive and you should make sure that you have at least 10 - 15 GB of empty space available at any time.

What does this Apple Hardware error Code mean 4 SNS/1/40000001:'VDOR' My iMac OS 10.4.11drops out when starting up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.