Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s deleted ALL text messages

Hello everyone,

iPhone was acting normally. I was at work and all of a sudden if i went to send a text the sending bar would almost finish sending then just stop. 5 minutes later I opened my phone and ALL of my texts were deleted. Completely removed. Got home and plugged in my phone to my computer and it automatically backed up, so it then backed up without any text messages. When I spotlight search, the threads/conversations with contacts will show up in the spotlight but I just have a blank screen in my messages app. I tried looking to restore from an old back up, and EVEN THOUGH I had last backed up my phone on April 14 (this year) the most recent option is either the blank back up from today or from October of 2015. Soon frustrating. I'm a little sentimental about my texts (history with boyfriend, family, friends) so I would really really really like a way to recover even just certain conversations with certain people 😟 thanks for any help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:04 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2016 9:52 PM in response to canuxicanjr

You may want to look at an app like iPhone Backup Extractor - it works on the backup file on your computer

If you have an older one - it may be able to extract your texts for you

Depending on how much you are willing to spend - there is an app called iMazing - that can look into the phone and see if the texts are still stored there

All the best!

iPhone 5s deleted ALL text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.