Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c stuck in Recovery Mode?

I dropped my iPhone 5c only about a foot and the screen went black. No amount of holding the lock+home buttons do anything. I connected it to iTunes, where it told me my iPhone was in recovery mode. I proceeded to start recovery via iTunes, like it said, but it only gets to where it says "updating iPhone software", then it says "waiting for iPhone" like I'm supposed to be doing something on the actual phone. I can't do anything with the phone itself, however, as the screen is pitched black and will not turn on.

After a few tries with this, it said iTunes cannot connect to the iPhone because there is a passcode, which I cannot put in because I can't see the screen! Will restoring the phone help this? I can't do anything if I can't unlock the phone.

HELP!

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 5, 2016 8:18 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 8:39 PM in response to delalexandre

Seems like u have a few issues try this and see if it works

1. Plug in the power and check whether u see anything on the screen

2 Hold the home button and lock button - hard reset the iphone

3. If it works and u can see the screen then try this hold the home and lock button don't let go until u see the iTune symbol and a cable

4. Attached it to your computer; iTunes will detect it and say there is a problem with your iPhone - either update or restore

5. Hit restore - warning all your data will be deleted

this should resolve your problem if hard reset does not allow u to see your screen call apple care for appt

iPhone 5c stuck in Recovery Mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.