Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone camera sometimes doesn't record

Sometimes when I hit Record on the default Camera app it changes to the recording interface (so no more mode menu at bottom, etc) but when I hit the red button again to end the recording I find that nothing was actually saved. On further testing it seems when this happens the number at the top doesn't increase and there's no flashing red dot next to it. There's ample space on the camera (several gb) for a recording to at least start, and it starts on subsequent attempts, but it's not going to fly if now and then something I thought I spent minutes of my time recording has gone nowhere. Advice?

iPhone 5

Posted on May 5, 2016 9:29 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 10:57 PM in response to funky_pat

Try a forced restart - After shutting down all open apps using the app switcher - invoked by quick double press of the home button and swiping up on each app till it flies off the screen.

Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons down together till you see  logo - then release and allow normal boot up

If that does not resolve the issue

Please make a Genius appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

iPhone camera sometimes doesn't record

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.