Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did all my notes on my iPhone disappear except recently deleted one?

I had at about 10 notes under either LOCAL or ICLOUD on my iPhone 6 Plus, and I had recently deleted one. However, when I check my NOTE today, all of them disappeared except the one I deleted recently. Wha t is going on? I did not do any system update recently. How can I get them back. If I accidentally deleted them recently I believe that they would be kept for a while until permently deleted.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 6, 2016 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2016 8:55 AM

Hi nicolace,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear that you had this issue with your Notes. I'm a bit unclear on what may have happened, but if you have been using the updated version of iCloud Notes, you may want to see if the notes can be recovered/restored as outlined below:

Recover recently deleted notes

If you’re using the updated Notes app, you can recover and edit iCloud notes you deleted in the last 30 days on iCloud.com or your devices with iOS 9 or later or OS X v10.11 or later that are signed in to the same iCloud account. However, you can’t recover notes you permanently removed (as described in “Remove deleted notes immediately using the updated Notes app,” below).

1. Go to Notes on iCloud.com, then click Recently Deleted on the left.

If you don’t see Recently Deleted in the folder list on the left, you don’t have any recoverable notes.

If you don’t see a folder list to the left of the notes list, you’re using the original Notes app and can’t recover deleted notes. See “Delete a note using the original Notes app,” above.

2. Click a note on the right, then click Recover at the top of the window. The note moves to the Notes folder.

To recover directly to a folder other than Notes, drag a note from the Recently Deleted folder to another folder.

iCloud: Delete a note

Regards

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2016 8:55 AM in response to nicolace

Hi nicolace,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear that you had this issue with your Notes. I'm a bit unclear on what may have happened, but if you have been using the updated version of iCloud Notes, you may want to see if the notes can be recovered/restored as outlined below:

Recover recently deleted notes

If you’re using the updated Notes app, you can recover and edit iCloud notes you deleted in the last 30 days on iCloud.com or your devices with iOS 9 or later or OS X v10.11 or later that are signed in to the same iCloud account. However, you can’t recover notes you permanently removed (as described in “Remove deleted notes immediately using the updated Notes app,” below).

1. Go to Notes on iCloud.com, then click Recently Deleted on the left.

If you don’t see Recently Deleted in the folder list on the left, you don’t have any recoverable notes.

If you don’t see a folder list to the left of the notes list, you’re using the original Notes app and can’t recover deleted notes. See “Delete a note using the original Notes app,” above.

2. Click a note on the right, then click Recover at the top of the window. The note moves to the Notes folder.

To recover directly to a folder other than Notes, drag a note from the Recently Deleted folder to another folder.

iCloud: Delete a note

Regards

Why did all my notes on my iPhone disappear except recently deleted one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.