Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS not working on my ipad

my GPS has stopped working on a new iPad i think it's a hardware failure, how can I test it?

iPad Air, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 6, 2016 1:09 AM

4 replies

May 6, 2016 11:33 AM in response to Rudegar

TThanks for the reply. The GPS worked fine for about 4 weeks since I bought it in Brisbane Australia . And I brought it to Tahiti and it worked fine for about 3 weeks. Then I went to use it in my navigation app one morning and no GPS signal.

I Checked Google maps and uber and no signal on those apps either.

im 3500 miles from the nearest Apple dealer/ tech support and they have been impossible to contact by phone or chat from here...

May 6, 2016 11:52 AM in response to Pugshoes

I would say forget the iPad and enjoy Tahiti. Having spent some glorious time there myself I would rather look at Bora Bora or Moorea than a screen.

But getting back to business, the normal repair steps are a forced restart, a restore from backup and a restore as new. The last two will require access to a computer which might be difficult in your case.

Try a Forced Restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will not lose anything.

The iPad could have a hardware defect and the only way to test would be at an Apple Store or an authorized dealer but as you said, far away.

GPS not working on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.