Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new iPhone SE no sound from speaker

I've just bought a new iPhone SE and I'm getting no sound from the speaker. Does anybody have any ideas on a possible resolution?

I restored from an iPhone 5 back up, both phones are on the latest iOS version.

After the sync was complete, I ejected the phone properly. But there is no sound coming from the speaker:

• Mute switch in either position, no sound from speaker
  • Volume turned up, using volume buttons and from the sound settings, no sound from speaker
  • Headphones plugged in, sound comes from headphones, remove them, the iPhone recognises this, but still no sound
  • Tried music app, ringing from another phone, podcast app, videos, no sound from speaker
  • Switched the phone off & on again, no speaker sound
  • Reset iPhone (hold both buttons down for 10 seconds), no speaker sound
  • Reset iPhone settings, no speaker sound

I'm beginning to suspect this is a hardware issue but as I'm not close to an Apple Store I would like to try as much as I can before going down that route.

Thanks

Posted on May 6, 2016 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2016 12:47 PM

Hello Andy,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you've restored your new iPhone from a previous iPhone's backup, and now there's no audio from the speaker. Given the troubleshooting you've already done your next step is to restore to factory settings to see if the issue persists:

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If the issue persists then please schedule an appointment with the Apple Retail Store nearby.

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2016 12:47 PM in response to Andy Woodhouse

Hello Andy,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you've restored your new iPhone from a previous iPhone's backup, and now there's no audio from the speaker. Given the troubleshooting you've already done your next step is to restore to factory settings to see if the issue persists:

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If the issue persists then please schedule an appointment with the Apple Retail Store nearby.

http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Take care.

Brand new iPhone SE no sound from speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.