Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Library Will Not Load!

I have final cut pro version 10.2.3 and it will not upload my library that is saved on my Seagate external hard drive. The error message of Final Cut Pro quitting unexpectedly has popped up every time. I have been using my Macbook Pro and tried it on the desktop Mac, but it still had the same message. I have tried loading the backups as well and there has been no success. I even got the Final Cut Library Manager, but it did not seem to help at all. This particular library did have over 100 GB stored on it and was holding four projects that I had not yet completed. Is there anything else I can do about this?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on May 6, 2016 1:04 AM

5 replies

May 6, 2016 6:44 AM in response to ratsrock123

First of all, whenever FCP X crashes it is a good idea to clear the preferences, as they may have become corrupted.

Hold down command and option while starting the application and confirm in the dialog that appears.

Next, if it still crashes, you may try this:

1) With FCP X closed, locate the library in the Finder

2) Control-click and choose Show Package Contents

3) Drag the currentVersion.flexolibrary file out of the package and put it somewhere else

4) Open FCP X and try to open the library again

In case the library database was corrupted, this should have FCP X reconstruct the database from the package's actual contents, and with any luck you should be back in business.

Final Cut Pro Library Will Not Load!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.