Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win10 valid iTunes store weblink(s) land on 're-download iTunes' page

Hi community

In previous installs when I clicked on a weblink to access iTunes content (ie: a musician's blog where they've linked "buy my album on iTunes here" as a lot do) it used to open itunes and show me the album.

Last few updates have not acted the same, they instead go to the "Download iTunes" webpage as if I don't have iTunes on my PC. I do, and it's the most up to date version available.

Doesn't matter what type of content I access and where from; even if I land on an itunes.apple.com page and click 'buy app' it will take me to 'download itunes' instead of opening the app.

eg : from https://itunes.apple.com/app/id364234221 select the "View in iTunes" button under the app picture, should open iTunes but instead for me it goes to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/?id=364234221 which wants me to re-download iTunes.

I have tried re-downloading and re-installing but that doesn't fix the problem. This has persisted through many reboots and even upgrading from Win7 to Win10.

Please serious responses only; if anyone suggests I "buy a macbook" or "open iTunes and do a search for the content" I will not be a happy customer. I'm only interested in getting the weblinks to resolve to the iTunes application as they used to.

Thanks

Windows 10

Posted on May 6, 2016 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2016 6:40 PM

What browser are you using? In some cases you may need to tweak settings or enable an extension for it to be able to redirect itms links into iTunes.

tt2

4 replies

May 6, 2016 7:30 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks -

I tried the Google\Chrome\User Data\Local State file update - found an entry called "itmss:false" (extra s compared to the string quoted) and changed it to true, but no change in behaviour on re-opening chrome and finding a link.

Didn't have Chrome open when editing the file.

Checked there wasn't a similar file in any other user folder.

EDIT: Also - same result from Microsoft Edge; however Internet Explorer acted as expected (resolved to iTunes application and showed correct content). . .

Win10 valid iTunes store weblink(s) land on 're-download iTunes' page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.